TIPS OF BUYING INSURANCE
- Identify your risks and needs
Prioritize these risks and needs. Not all risks are insurable.
- Discuss your risks and needs with an insurance company or a broker or an agent.
Confirm that the Insurance Company, broker or agent you are dealing with is licensed by the Insurance Regulatory Authority by visiting our website www.ira.go.ke or call us on toll free line 0800724499.
Compare policy benefits against premiums of several insurance companies before you settle on one.
- Match the products to your needs and choose the one that best meets your needs at affordable cost
When you match your need with the policy, you will avoid cancellation of the policy.
- Truthfully complete a proposal form
Always complete the proposal form yourself, disclose all material facts and sign it.
Disclose all relevant information and provide supporting documents to your insurer, broker or agent.
- Pay the premium
Pay your premiums at the agreed times to keep the insurance policy in force,
- Ensure to obtain the policy document for the insurance cover that you have purchased.
Read and understand the terms and conditions contained in the policy document and confirm that it meets your needs.
You have up to 30 days upon receipt of the policy to cancel it with full refund of your premiums without penalties, if you are not satisfied with the terms and conditions of the policy.
Keep your policy document safely, it is proof of the existence of an insurance contract between you and the insurance company.