- We area statutory government agency under the National Treasury
- The Authority is established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 Laws of Kenya through the Insurance (amendment) Act, 2006which came into force on 1st May 2007
- We Regulate, supervise and develop the insurance industry in Kenya
- We aim to ensure that the interests of policy holders and insurance beneficiaries are protected.
The Authority’s mandate is to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance industry in Kenya.
An effective regulator of a globally competitive insurance industry.
To effectively regulate, supervise, promote development of and innovation in the insurance industry in order to protect insurance beneficiaries.
- Regulate and supervise the insurance industry
- License Industry players
- Protect the interests of policy holders and beneficiaries
- Promote the development of the insurance industry