Insurance Fraud Investigation Unit (IFIU)
- The Insurance Fraud Investigation unit IFIU was established in November 2011.
- IFIU is a specialized unit of Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) with a mandate of investigating insurance fraud and related offences.
- The unit was established to enhance Insurance Regulatory Authority capacity to tackle ever-growing Frauds in the Insurance sector.
The function of the unit comprises of:
- Receiving and analyzing reports of suspected insurance fraud;
- Investigating Insurance Fraud related reports;
- Coordinating investigation with other state law enforcement agencies;
- Preparing Investigation reports for Criminal Prosecution and Administrative Action;
- Apprehending and Arraigning suspects in court;
- Fraud Intelligence Collection and dissemination;
- Insurance Fraud Awareness;
- Maintenance of Insurance fraud database;
- Conducting Impromptu Operation.